Disclaimer: I do not measure water/pasta when I cook pasta dishes. It is all by eye and how many people plan on eating my food. Most of the time it’s for 4-6 people; so family dinners. Enjoy.
Chef Nyke’s Shrimp Alfredo Delish
Total time: ~45 mins; Level: Easy
1lb frozen shrimp
1 bag of frozen onions and bell pepper mix (green, yellow, red) * [I used a frozen bag because it was sitting in my freezer and I figured I should use it. I normally cut fresh bell peppers and onions]
1 chopped (rounds) of yellow squash
Vegetable oil (only for cooking pasta)
Spinach Spaghetti pasta
Salt & black pepper to taste
Market Panty (Target brand) Hamburger Seasoning (grilling spice)
2 tsp Classico® Signature Recipe® Traditional Basil Pesto Sauce + Spread
1 jar (15oz) of Classico® Signature Recipe® Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce
1. In a 4 quart pot, boil water, salt, and a tad bit of vegetable oil. Once boiling, add both the Spinach pasta and vermicelli pasta to the pot. Let cook until pasta is tender.
2. Cover a large skillet with room temperature coconut oil. Sauté bell peppers and onions and cut yellow squash on medium high heat with salt, pepper, and leaf oregano for a few minutes.
3. Thaw shrimp by running cold water over them in the sink for about five minutes. Remove shrimp tails. After thawing, add shrimp to the bell peppers and onions. Add more leaf oregano and hamburger seasoning. Fry over medium high heat until shrimp is brown and curled on the outside. Leave on low (to keep warm) or turn off (depends on how you feel :1). Keep separate from pasta and sauce.
4. Once pasta is finished cooking, rinse and drain under hot water. Return pasta to pot.
5. On medium heat, add jar of Classico® Signature Recipe® Creamy Alfredo Pasta Sauce and 2 tsp (or however much you like) Classico® Signature Recipe® Traditional Basil Pesto Sauce + Spread. Mix well with the pasta until warmed.
6. Now you’re finished! :1 Place a spoonful of pasta onto a large plate and add shrimp and vegetables to the top. DIG IN!!!